Nowadays, with the use of electronic devices, our children seldom enjoy the nature. Bee, as the pollinators for most plants on earth, serves a vital role in survival of plants. Learning about bees can help children to know more about our nature and Mother Earth.
In our bee farm tour, we can learn about:
- The floral period of major nectar plants in Hong Kong
- The anatomy and lifestyle of bee (e.g. why do they dance, who is their natural enemy etc.)
- How bee keeper harvest honey
- Know the importance of bee to our nature
- Reasons for decreasing number of bees worldwide and how to solve the problem
- How to provide a bee-friendly environment
- Our bee keeper will introduce the anatomy of the bees, teach us to distinguish between the worker, the drone and the queen bee and their duties
- Take a close look to our bees and bee hives with appropriate protective equipment and try our fresh honey(Depend on season).
- Take home with your own honey
- Know the role and the importance of bee in our nature
- Learn about the major nectar plants in Hong Kong
- Understand how to harvest honey
- Learn about the reasons for decreasing number of bees and the effect to our Earth
- Know more about how to protect our bees