HEALTH BENEFITS OF RAW HONEY
Raw honey has anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
It promotes body and digestive health.
It is a powerful antioxidant, it strengthens the immune system, eliminates allergies. It is an excellent remedy for skin wounds and all type of infections. Raw honey’s benefits don’t stop here.
Raw honey can also stabilize blood pressure, balance sugar levels, relieve pain, calm nerves, and it has been used to treat ulcers.
Raw honey is also an expectorant and anti-inflammatory. It has been known to treat respiratory conditions such as bronchitis and asthma.
Raw honey purchased from a local source is an excellent way of treating seasonal allergies!
What is and why is raw honey better for you?
Raw honey is the most original sweet liquid that honeybees produce from the concentrated nectar of flowers. Collected straight from the extractor; it is totally unheated, unpasteurized, unprocessed honey. An alkaline-forming food, this type of honey contains ingredients similar to those found in fruits, which become alkaline in the digestive system. It doesn’t ferment in the stomach and it can be used to counteract acid indigestion. When mixed with ginger and lemon juices, it effectively relieves nausea and supplies energy. Raw foodists loves honey for its exceptional nutritional value and its amylase, an enzyme concentrated in flower pollen which helps predigest starchy foods like breads. Raw and unfiltered honey and has a high antioxidant level and will usually granulate and crystallize to a thick consistency after a few months. It is usually preferred as a spread on bread and waffles, or dissolved in hot coffee or tea.
Other than raw honey, there is ‘commercial’ regular honey, which is largely available and offers honey that has been highly filtered and also heated to remove most traces of pollen and nutrients in the honey, so the honey will always stay clear. However after honey is heated, its delicate aromas, yeast and enzymes which are responsible for activating vitamins and minerals in the body system are partially destroyed, and hence lost most of its health properties.
WHY Hong Kong Raw Honey
- UNIQUE– We are specialized in making mono-floral honey, that can only be made within the right environment. Lots of the same flowers in the same area are needed to make mono-floral honey, making it a premium honey.
- BEST HEALER– It is well known that local honey is better to fight local allergies and asthma as it has the right immune properties built by the bees for their own health.
- ECO-VALUED– Buying local honey help reduce human carbon print and its negative effects on the planet.
- QUALITY– All our honey has been tested through laboratory and come with STC report and moisture level accreditation to ensure the quality of our honey is always premium.
- LIFE-ENHANCING– All form of agriculture in general contribute to the environment, by helping pollinated the plants, and expansion of life.